From: Dionisio Ruiz de Zarate [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: sábado, 7 de Fevereiro de 2004 13:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: tomcat 5. some basic questions

hello.
i have one machine in production mode with apache 2 and tomcat 4.1.29.
i am thinkin for using tomcat 5.
i have several questions:

1.- the tomcat 5 configuration i diferent, comparing with the tomcat 4.1.29
configurarion? (vitual domains, db connecion pools using Commons DBCP..)
2.- when i try to download the tomcat i see that there is:
Tomcat 5.0.18 zip PGP MD5
5.0.18 Deployer zip PGP MD5
5.0.18 Embed zip PGP MD5

what are the two last ?(5.0.18 Deployer zip PGP MD5, 5.0.18 Embed zip PGP
MD5 ) i need it for using tomcat in production mode?

for connection apache2 with tomcat 4.1.29 i download the connectors sourcrs,
i compile them..... for using tomcat 5 this step is diferent?

thanks for reading my question and thanks for your help

Sorry for my bad english