There is only one application on this tomcat server... It's easy to identify these
connections on SQL server.  Also, there is no explicit database connection in the
application code: it all pass through JNDI.

I also tried to increase my maxActive setting to 100.  It didn't change anything.

I set logAbandoned to true. I never see anything related to dbcp in my logs except
this, in calatina.out:
AbandonedObjectPool is used ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
   LogAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 10

What can it be?  Maybe someone stored a resultset in session?

SMaric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When you say 'the connections was still alive this morning'
How are you testing for connections being abandoned

Also your
maxActive = 50 // doesn't this mean you shouldn't get more tahn
50 connections from the pool

if this is true (& working) then HOW do you know that the 80 connections are
from this Pool ???

Are you are the only point of connection to the DB

"Eric Prévost" wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I did my tests yesterday, and the connections was still alive this
morning... I also tested 5 seconds before.