Hi All,

I am having trouble getting .jsp files working outside the default "webapps"
directory used by Tomcat to display examples. The examples work just fine,
and if I put any .jsp file under the jsp-examples directory, they work fine
too.

The other directory I have setup (myapp) is within my website. The directory
structure goes like this:

/var/www/www.mysite.com
                                /jsp-bin
                                        /myapp
                                             /WEB-INF
                                         index.html
                                   hello.jsp

I get an error "requested resource not available" from Tomcat when I try to
access the /myapp/ directory or anything in it: http://www.mysite.com/myapp/

I have edited server.xml and workers2.properties shown below.

server.xml:
-------------------
<!-- The defualt for examples - works when accessing examples directory -->
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
</Host>

<!-- My directory - does not work -->
<Host name="mysite.com" debug="1" appBase="/var/www/www.mysite.com/jsp-bin"
unpackWARs="true">
  <Alias>www.mysite.com</Alias>
</Host>
--------------

workers2.properties
-----------------------
#Virtual Host from Apache
[uri:mysite.com:80/myapp/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

#Beta virtual Host from Apache.
[uri:www.mysite.com:80/myapp/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

These are snippets from my configs, and the sections that I have been
focusing on, just let me know if you need any more details. I am running Red
Hat Linux, Apache 2 and Tomcat 5.

Any help is appreciated,

David