Hi, I'm new to this mailing list although I was previously a member of the
JServ mailing list.

Can anybody tell me what is the preferred way of setting the user that a
spawned
Runtime.exec(???) task is run as. I spawn some unix tasks from my servlets
and I want them to
run as a particular user. By default they are run as the user that Tomcat
is runnng as. However
in the production system Tomcat will be started at boot time and thus I
expect will running as root.
I want my servlet tasks to execute as another user.

What is the preferred way of getting this done.

Thanks In advance

John Preston