Howdy,

>I am new to Tomcat and Java and I am trying to decide whether to use
4.1
>or 5.0.
>I have the enterprise version of Jbuilder which doesn't support 5.0
yet.
>What advantages would there be for me to go with 5.0 over 4.1?
>
>If I do 4.1 how hard would it be to migrate in 6-10 months
>After Jbuilder updates?
>
>What IDEs do you guys use?

In reverse order:
IDE: people use many different ones ;)  I still like emacs, and I
occasionally use Eclipse, but I wouldn't pay for an IDE ;)

Upgrade difficulty: depends on how compliant your app is with the
servlet specification.  This is true for all containers.  The more
compliant you are, the easier your upgrade path.  In general if you use
a version of tomcat after 4.1.18 (when the invoker servlet became
commented out), you should not have a hard time upgrading.

Advantages: 5.x is faster, more reliable, has more features, and is
being actively developed.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.