If you are using Apache, you could use the Alias directive.

RS

                      Ben Souther

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Tomcat Users List"

                      om>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:

                      02/19/2004 09:09         Subject:  Mapping URLs to directories
outside of a webapp.
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Is it possible to map a URL to a directory outside of a webapps's context?

Our app has one directory that our customers use to store and display their

own static webpages.  It would be useful to us to be able to keep that
directory outside of the webapp's dir structure.  Sort of a 'virtual
directory'  within a webapp.

This would allow users to upgrade our app by simply deleting the exiting
war
and redeploying with the newer version. They wouldn't have to worry about
mobving thier pages out and then back in after the re-deploy.

We have customers running both *nix and windows so we can't rely on
symlinks
for this.

Thank you
--
Ben Souther
F.W. Davison & Company, Inc.

This transmission is intended to be strictly confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy
or disseminate this information. If you have received this in error, please
reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.