On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:58:29AM -0600, Tony Nakamura wrote:

: I do have one more question to ask, if I may.  Is there a list of
: all throwable exceptions by servlet and jsp?

Yes and no. ;)

1/ Yes: check the servlet spec for method signatures. For example, a
servlet's doGet() throws (IIRC) just a ServletException; so any Servlet
subclasses must wrap exceptions up in a ServletException.

2/ No: #1 excludes subclasses of RuntimeException (e.g.
NullPointerException) and Error, which can be thrown at any time yet
needn't be declared in a method signature.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com