From: Antonio Fiol Bonnin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: One user seeing another user's data

Hi Kuloth,

Seatch Tomcat-user for "concurrency problems" or "threading issues".
There has been recent discussion on the topic.

Concurrency problems are the main source of session mix-up. Also look
for "instance variables" (hint: avoid them in Servlets)

Antonio Fiol

Anbu wrote:

>Hello Bill and All,
>
>Could any one of you throw some light on a problem that I am facing on
Apache 1.3.28/Mod-jk 1.2.0/Tomcat 4.0.6 setup?

>The problem is that an user could see someother user's data (some kind
of session mix up). When I searched the tomcat-dev list I found that
Bill had replied that the problem could be related to error handling and
it is not a synchorinazation problem.

>Bill, as you have already seen and analyized this issue, could you
please help me on this issue ?

>Thank you all in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Kuloth

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: All e-mail sent to or from this address will be received by the
Waterfield Group corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival, monitoring,
and/or review by someone other than the recipient or the sender.

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain proprietary information, which is
privileged and confidential. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying,
or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy
of this e-mail and any printout. Thank you.