http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/

This is perfect! Not container specific!

On Feb 26, 2004, at 4:19 PM, Steven J. Owens wrote:

Hi folks,

     The most common (and frustrating) bookmarked login page gotcha
with J2EE authentication has been oft-discussed (broken as designed)
on this list.

     What are people's favorite alternatives to J2EE authentication?
And why?

     Something I'm particularly interested is alternatives that don't
require me to rebuild the application from scratch.  I'm looking at
tearing out the old login process and putting in a new one and I don't
really want to start the whole thing over.

     If I had to build it from scratch myself, I'd do it as a simple
Servlet filter that checks for a Principal object stored in the user's
HttpSession.

--
Steven J. Owens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]