Well just to toot my horn for now.  I have it all back.  But Tomcat 4.1.30 this time.
No wars installed. One virtual directory hooked up to IIS.
And the Adminitrator function is still working.  My sever.xml is not right.  I have
this:

  acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

sitting UNDER all the Context mappings.  It shouldn't be there.  But it's working
so it stays that way for now.

I uncommented nothing nor changed anything in server.xml other then what I added
for Context purposes and the above.  My web.xml in the virtual directory is back to
a replica of ROOT's web.xml.

In the future I'll be checking that Administrator function if I so much as pet Tomcat.
cu

--
George Hester
"George Hester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yeah I know.  It's just the Admin function all else seems fine.  So when I get to the
point that using it is necessary then I'll likely have to blow it (Tomcat 4.1.29)
away.  I have Tomcat 4.1.30 in a different machine so I''ll try to get that one to the
point where it mimcs this installation and check the Admin function after each war and
the ISAPI redirector.  Don't know what else I can do.

--
George Hester