On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 04:13:08PM -0000, Chris Haynes wrote:
> So you have to keep stopping and starting tomcat unless you use ONLY
> simple JSP pages (with no other changing classes referred to ) and
> servlets which use only stable classes.

alternately, you can enable the manager classes by modifying the
tomcat conf, and then sending an http get to the appropriate url for
your web app. I implement this by calling wget in my makefile install
script. I don't know of an equivalent utility on windows, but here's
an example of how to do this once you've enabled the manager.