In my webapp in /WEB-INF/lib I put servlets-cgi.jar.  I then added just this to the
web.xml in \WEB-INF

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>clientInputTimeout</param-name>
          <param-value>100</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>6</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
          <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi</param-value>
        </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

Then I made a \cgi-bin folder and put a cgi file in there I know works over the web.
Call it test.cgi.  I then tried

http://localhost/jsp-files/cgi-bin/test.cgi

C\Inetpub\jsp-files

The reuslt was the cgi code returned as a text file.  What did I do wrong?  Can I get
this to work?  ActiveState Perl is installed in C:\Perl.  Is there a test different
than what I have done to see if what I set up works?  Thanks.

--
George Hester