Darn. Thanks for the link, but using a database so far isn't an option.
When you write to the Apache::Notes "table" you can then specify additional
logging parameters for the access.log that will be read out of the little
bit of memory that Notes actually is. The company we are doing the work
for has a very complex reporting tool that is based solely on the access.log
files on all their machines. No databases at all. Pretty aggravating. I
am tasked with researching this, so my research answer might have to be "no".

Thanks again.

Charlie

Tim Funk wrote:

No that won't work.

How about JDBC instead?

http://www.lotus.com/jdbc

-Tim

Charles N. Harvey III wrote:

Hello.
A website that we are converting from embedded perl to java writes specific
data to the Apache::Notes table. I just found out what Notes is yesterday,
so it is all pretty new for me. Since embedded perl runs inside the httpd
process it has access to this little bit of memory that gets read with each
request. Tomcat does not run inside the httpd process. That much is obvious.
But I would still like to write to this Notes table. Is there some way to
gain access to the httpd process from Tomcat? Could I do it through mod_jk
somehow? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? This is quite confusing
to me so I'm taking a shot in the dark here to see if anyone else has tried
something similar.

Any tips or pointers to some books or websites is greatly appreciated.