Shapira, Yoav <Yoav.Shapira <at> mpi.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> >They are specific to the applications that we build and the class in
> the
> >CNFE is located in WEB-INF/classes
>
> OK, so they're not like XML parsers or something else common that tomcat
> already includes?
>
> If the class in the CNFE is in WEB-INF/classes, which gets loaded before
> common/lib or shared/lib...  Hmm, I don't know ;)
>
> Yoav Shapira

communication, and may contain
> information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail
is intended only for the
> individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed,
disclosed or used by anyone
> else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete
this e-mail from your
> computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Ok, I've been thinking about it and I think I might have an idea.

The class in the CNFE is located at a common path as a path that is in the jar
file.

For example one of the jar files contains common classes used across all
applications:

common.jar
...library/
........../login
................Login.class

The classes in WEB-INF/classes have the exact same (package) directory structure
up to a point.

The library directory contains other directories that do not exist in the
common.jar because they are specific to the application.

...library/
........../facilities .....................FacilitiesMasterList.class

Could it be that the class is actually found but some of the classes it relies
on are not searched for any further because they are not found in the library
directory in WEB-INF/classes/reallylongclasspath/library

Thanks,
-Mark