Could someone please explain how to configure Tomcat so that it can
process PHP scripts?  I am running on Windows XP.  I do not want to go
through CGI; I want Tomcat to process PHP scripts through the other
method (is that called a plug-in?).

The instructions that come with PHP do not explain how to configure
Tomcat.  They do explain how to configure Apache but I cannot figure out
the difference between Tomcat and Apache.  For instance, the
instructions talk about modifying files called httpd.conf and .htaccess
but I am not sure if Tomcat uses such files.  I would appreciate it if
someone can also explain if Tomcat uses httpd.conf and .htaccess files
and where they should be located in the jakarta directory structure.

Many thanks!

m!ke