From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 8:34 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JNDI Datasource Reference in DD Not Necessary?

Hi,

>I've spent the last couple of days familiarizing myself with the new
>5.0.19,
>especially the JNDI connection pooling.  I tried, unsuccessfully, to
use
>the
>admin console to set up JDNI datasources as well as editing the xml
files
>directly following the instructions in the documentation.  The only way
>was able to get the connection pooling to work was to manually create a
>context in the server.xml and add the resources there.  This worked
great.
>The documentation for Tomcat 5 looks suspiciously like the Tomcat 4 so
>think it is not updated yet.

The documentation is updated, but of course no documentation set is ever
perfect.  If you have documentation patches, please suggest them in the
usual format (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html#Patches) as all
our docs are in CVS
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/webapps/docs/
).  Thanks,