From: Sonny Sukumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 March 2004 01:40
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to protect server.xml?

Hey guys,

I have both a keystore password and a database
connection user name/password in cleartext in my
server.xml file and I don't know how to get around
that.

In light of this, has anybody come up with a way to
protect server.xml?  Is there a way to encrypt these
passwords? Or perhaps to encrypt the whole server.xml
file itself?

This has been weighing on my mind for a few months
now, and I couldn't find a solution in the mailing
list archives.

I'd appreciate any help!

Tomcat version: 4.1.27

service is powered by MessageLabs.

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
service is powered by MessageLabs.