Hi,

is there any particular reason why all classes in third party jar-package (Exolab Castor in my case) can

not be imported in my JSP pages on new Tomcat (4.1.29 and Java build 1.4.2_03-b02)? It works fine with

the old version (Tomcat 4.0.1 and Java build 1.3.1_02-b02).

The import line in my pages is:

<%@ page import="org.exolab.castor.*" %>

and, as I already said, it works fine with the old server.

On the new server when trying to compile the JSP page, Tomcat gives the following error:

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/work/Standalone/localhost/reuse/archtool/start_jsp.java:10: package

org.exolab.castor does not exist
import org.exolab.castor.*;

I noticed that when I use direct import to a certain class inside the castor package it works, but I

don't think that is a good way to handle this if there is some other work around for this problem.

Any helpful insight would be appreciated.

-Ari Paasonen