Hi,

>           well i am deploying tomcat and each time the following is
dumped
>onto the screen :

Each time after what operation does the following get dumped onto the
screen?

>SEVERE: Parse Error at line 42 column 18: The content of element type
>"error-pag
>e" must match "((error-code|exception-type),location)".

Look for a web.xml with error-page directives that use illegal format.
Since tomcat doesn't come with these defined, it must be one of your
web.xml files.

>the project was not built due to classpath errors(incomplete or
involved in
>cycle)"
>
>"Missing required library: 'jdk/lib/tools.jar'

You get this compile error from Eclipse, right?  Make sure your
JAVA_HOME variable points to a JDK, not a JRE, installation.

>I need to add that once the tomcat is up and running the pages and
>functionality(previously compiled)  get displayed correctly and it does
>what
>its meant to be doing but i am having diffculty adding new features to
it

That's because you're ignoring the web.xml errors, which prevent further
processing of your context.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.