Check your validation query in your resource definition.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Mahoney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 12:57 PM
To: 'Parsons Technical Services'; 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Problem using JNDI/DBCP to get DataSouce

Tried
  dataSource = (DataSource)
initContext.lookup("java:comp/jdbc/OscarsDB");
But it return null, so tried
  dataSource = (DataSource)
initContext.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/OscarsDB");
And a datasource instance was return so before, looking good...
However, still got the same exception when trying to get a connection
instance
  "Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted"
with a nested exception
  "Could not create a validated object"

MySQL,