ok, i've checked tomcat logs - it tries to reconnect, but then it reports:
There was a SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied
for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: NO)
why does tomcat log as 'nobody'? although in server.xml there is a different
connectionUser specified. how can i make it to use original connection user
and passwd?

vVolf