Great, thanks for the info! But I already downgraded my production machine to 4.1.18 to avoid this problem. I wish I knew how to reproduce this on my development box so I can know for sure if this solves the problem. Otherwise I can't justify trying this in productions.

My test to try to reproduce this bug was:
i=1
while [ $i -lt 20000 ] ; do
lynx -source $URL > /dev/null
i=`expr $i + 1`
done

... where I changed $URL to point to different servlets or jsps.

What is this JMX thing anyway? Is it supposed to produce a report for the jk status page (that I could never get to work anyway?)

Robert Krüger wrote:

Hi,

we had the same problem (enormous memory leak which frequently made our production system crash), downgraded to 5.0.18 and everything went back to normal. Just yesterday a colleague of mine came to the conclusion that it is not too unlikely that it is the problem described in the message

It that is so, you can simply disable the JMX registration of requests to get rid of the problem. We will try that probably later today but of course you can give it a shot yourself. There is not much to lose.

Regards,

Robert