I have a very recent Java Web Services installation and Tomcat 5 is bundled with it.
I have a problem that I see has been met with by others using jwsdp, and not solved.

I would like to be able to run multiple Tomcat instances.
So I have tried to create a new directory for my web applications and I try to start tomcat 5 using the CATALINA_BASE environment variable. Unfortunately jwsdp completely ignores CATALINA_BASE. I see that others have only been able to solve the problem by downloading Tomcat separately, and the problem has gone away.

Does anyone know what to do about this? I'd like to stay with Tomcat inside Java Web Services.

The script in catalina.sh calls jwsdp. Does anyone know who maintains jwsdp? I've sent an email to Sun, but is there anyone at Jakarta who can be contacted? As far as I know jakarta has nothing to do with it, but you never know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Malcolm Warren