To your question: I don't know.

Having a delay in the jsp (or servlet) isn't enough to
enshure concurrent requests. You have to do something
on the calling site to enforce this.

If you just call lynx as in your example, lynx will
wait until the response is there. So if you delay the
jsp, you just delay the return of lynx.

So you have either to run more than one instace of your
script at the same time or to extend the scrip in a way
that it runs several lynx instances at the same time.