Hello Doug,

> Sitting at you windows box that is running TC you can open IE and access
> http://localhost but if you try to access http://yourMachinesIP it fails.

Right

> From a command prompt ping localhost. Then ping the IP of your machine.

Both return a response.  I'm using the Linksys router BEFSR41 with port
forwarding enabled for port 80.

> Notice that localhost resolves to 127.0.0.?
>
> Do an ipconfig /all from the command promrt. Confirm the IP of your
machine.

This shows 192.168.1.100 as the IP for my machine.

> Are you running ANY firewall software? Disable it on a temporary basis to
> test.

Not sure how to cleanly disable the Linksys firewall protection.

> Then configure it to allow http port 80 traffic through.

Port forwarding is enabled for port 80 (http).

What else?

> I am not aware of any setting that binds tomcat to an IP like apache can.
> Although you can filter on an IP.
>
> Doug
> www.parsonstechnical.com

Explorer