> From: Forte, Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> When I add the following to my web.xml file the page is not
> displayed, but rather the "TC directory listing page" which
> displays the contents of my webapp(all pages and directories).
> Why does it do this?
> <welcome-file-list>
>       <welcome-file>https://www.myDomain.com/index.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>

It's showing the directory listing because it's not finding a match on
any of the welcome files.  The <welcome-file> tag is supposed to be a
partial URI with no leading or trailing slashes, not a full URI.  See
SRV.9.10 of the Servlet 2.3 Specification for more info.

Which doesn't address your https-only requirement, but that's why it's
doing what it's doing.  To achieve https-only here, we elected to block
port 80 at the firewall.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.