On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 02:20:03PM -0800, Erin O'Neill wrote:
: My error message says this (in a small part):
: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

Two gut feelings strike me:

1/ the Java you have installed, what version is it?  You said you
have 1.4.x, but which one is Tomcat calling?

        ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java -version

Back in the day, and perhaps still, Solaris shipped with Java version
1.2 in /usr/bin.

2/  JDK or JRE?  -as in, do you have

        ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/javac

If this is still a no-go for you, I'll think it over when I'm awake. ;)
-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com