Hi,
5.0.16 was the first stable 5.x version, so any version you use before
that is likely to have issues and be less supported.

This particular error, I haven't seen before.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper.map(Mapper.java:517)
>         at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.postParseRequest(CoyoteAdapter.
java
>:298)
>         at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:201)
>         at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:6
47)
>         at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn
>ection(Http11Protocol.java:497)
>         at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5
75)
>         at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPoo
l.ja
>va:649)
>
>we're using tomcat5 - i believe the version is the one prior to 5.0.16.
>  we're not using any servlets, and we're using Velocity.  Java version
>is build 1.4.2_01-b06.
>
>any idea what this might be?

and notify the sender.  Thank you.