From: Peter Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 2:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JK2 Connections from Apache2 URL Rewriting

I have been reading through
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/ and other sources
via google trying to work out the best way of mapping live URLs to
specific webapps. e.g.

Map www.mydomain.com/myshortcut -> www.domain.com/mywebapp/subpath/url

My environment is Apache2 mod_jk2 and Tomcat 5.

So far I have implemented it using mod_proxy in apache as
RewriteRule ^/myshortcut(.*)
http://www.domain.com/mywebapp/subpath/url$1 [P]

However I don't feel that this a clean solution. Does Tomcat5 or JK2
support some form of URI mapping / aliasing? e.g. Resin has an alias
directive.

Thanks in advance,
Peter