From: "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:55 PM
Subject: RE: Server.xml - Connector configuration problem

Hi,

>My Questions:
>1.How do i determine how many concurrent users can hit my application.?

You analyze the business requirements for the system, and then you run a
stress test tool like JMeter to see how many concurrent users your
system can handle before becoming unresponsive or crashing.  You cannot
answer this question from server.xml alone.

>2.Is there any limitation for minProcessors , maxProcessors and
>acceptCountt?

Sure.  A technical limit is that the value for all three of these must
be between java's Integer.MIN_VALUE and Integer.MAX_VALUE for your
platform.  Your hardware forces much lower maximums typically.

>3.I'm getting belom mentioned Exception if i use more than 100 users?
>Exception
>CoyoteAdapter An exception or error occurred in the container during
the
>request processing
>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
>Please advise me to fix this issues.

Run a profiler to see where memory is used in your app, and if you can
improve your app to use memory better.  Also investigate the usage of
java vm options, such as -Xmx, to control the amount of memory that the
JVM is allowed use.

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.