Hi,
Technically, we can host this on jakarta.apache.org/tomcat.  The network
traffic numbers you quote would be a tiny fraction of what our servers
receive.  However:

- You won't have direct write access to the docs: you'll have to send a
message to tomcat-dev.  Someone (most likely me ;)) would read and apply
your changes ASAP, but it will sometimes take a day or two.

- Technically speaking, you give up ownership of the docs and they
become property of the ASF.  Of course your credits remain (e.g. the
"Prepared By Pascal Chong" line with a link to your email address) as
they are, but things like links to your resume are dropped ;).

- We usually don't do this.  We're happy to add links to external
resources (for example, I also help with log4j's doc page,
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/documentation.html, which has
numerous links to external articles).  I'll be happy to add an external
resources page, and link to your site.  That way we avoid the above two
issues.

- In the cases where we have done this (e.g.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html),
it's one simple page.  Your docs are much more complex in structure,
content, and style.  They really deserve to be their own website ;)

So I don't know.  Let's see if other people have an opinion.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

I'm
>sure a lot of Tomcat newbies -- will be grateful. I have a few
>conditions though:
>
>1. Because I update the documents, sometimes quite frequently,
>especially when important new information comes up, I will need a way
>update the documents either online, or through email with the site
>maintainers.
>2. Please don't put it on one of those free webhosting sites with
plenty
>of pop-ups and advertisements.
>3. You cannot charge money for this service. Hey, I don't (didn't ?)
>charge anyone to access my site.
>
>Yoav, do you think the Jakarta group be willing to accept my stuff ?
>
>Thanks to the many thousands out there who read my docs. Hope they
>helped you, in some small way. And if you know of any companies hiring,
>tell them about this poor Linux/UNIX sysadmin and Java programmer in
>Southeast Asia who'd make a good Tomcat administrator and give him a
job.

>--
>"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from
>religious conviction."
>                                       -- Blaise Pascal
>| Pascal Chong                                                   |
>| email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  |
>| Please visit my site at : http://cymulacrum.net                |
>| If you're using my documentation, please read the Terms and    |
>| and Conditions at http://cymulacrum.net/terms.html             |

and notify the sender.  Thank you.