> From: Frank Diakovasilis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Why won't Tomcat 5 shutdown properly?
>
> Just tried switching to Tomcat 5 and am having a little problem.
> Why will Tomcat 5 start fine, but not shutdown properly?

Same problem I reported last week. Some new log messages were not included in the
appropriate properties files sometime between 5.0.16 and 5.0.19 (they are supposed to
be in 5.0.20). When running with JDK 1.3, the built-in logging mechanism throws an
exception, killing the main thread. Under JDK 1.4, Sun logging is used, and this just
prints an error message and continues. If you can move up to 1.4, the problem will
disappear.

 - Chuck