Martin Alley wrote:
Do you have the driver class in the right place so it can be found when
docroot is "ROOT"?

As long as the connector is to be found in tomcats classpath, it should be ok, shouldn't it?

Ok. New approach - total chaos.
I removed the v-host and created a new one using the admin-tool. No datasource added this time.
When I now press the datasource, I get the same error regarding the driverClassName.
However, the logging for the new host works, and here the following is stated:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Context path / is already in use
2004-03-27 11:50:19 StandardHost[www.mydomain.com]: Error deploying application at context path null
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Context path / is already in use
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2540)
.
.
.

In spite of this, the v-host is working, and so does the other default-"/" on the server.