Asim,

I just did this very thing. The way I fixed things was this:

I moved the index.jsp page to the root of the manager application. Now when
I go to http://localhost/manager I get the old index page. I also moved the
images so that they show up as well.

I then edited the path information in the index.jsp by adding ../ in front
of all the links to the local tomcat stuff.

Thus:
became

The link for manager did not change.

And with this all is well again. Now just point to your new url and it's
like you never left home.

You can call the manager page directly by http://localhost/manager/html
and admin with http://localhost/admin

If these are not working then post your server.xml and let us take a look.

Doug