Ok, I know this has got to be a stupid newbie question but I have searched the archives without success. What is special about the default tomcat webapps/ROOT/index.jsp? I cannot make changes to it. I tried making minor changes to it and expecting the changes to happen on a refresh; no joy. I also shutdown and restarted tomcat to get the changes to take effect; no joy. I eventually created a small test.jsp and copied the contents to it and sure enough my changes were there. made some minor changes to my test.jsp and sure enough the changes were in effect without cycling tomcat. I really would like to use index.jsp as my default page. What has this locked down?
Thanks
Don