To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: JK Connector versus mod_proxy

I use mod_proxy all the time with no problem .... well that is until my
last webapp project.  The good is you can map your webapp in anywhere
and even in several places in the main site with a little help from
mod_rewrite.  The bad is user credentials from an authentication module
in Apache aren't passed on to the Tomcat container :(.  I'm resorting to
the mod_jk system for the first time because the remote username from
the university's kerberized authentication system isn't passed on
without it.

That's my experience anyway.  I posted a question about it a few months
ago with no responses -- not even a 'you can't do that'.  I'm guessing
no one has any experience with such a setup.

--David

Frank Febbraro wrote:

Historically I have had problems with the JK Connectors and have

typically resorted to useing mod_proxy to connect my tomcat applications to
an Apache website. Can someone here tell me why this might not be a good
idea? It is easy to setup and work great, however what are the additional
benefits of this connector approach?

Thanks in advance...
Frank