Hi,
Session handling is mandated by the Servlet Specification: tomcat must
implement it.  You can't "deactivate" it.  What you can do includes:
- Writing an HttpServletRequestWrapper whose getSession methods always
return null (or a new empty session, or whatever you need)
- Writing any of the available session/attribute/binding listeners to
override webapp actions with respect to session behavior.
- Telling tomcat not to persist sessions, or otherwise treat them in a
custom way by writing your own Manager and plugging it into server.xml.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.