On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:39:13AM -0600, Duncan Krebs wrote:
: But when I continue to load any jsp pages from the existing web app, my cpu
: hits 60%, the response time is slower and they seem to be getting recompiled
: on every request. Makes no sense, both the new and old jsp page have the
: same content but the old one seems to keep getting recompiled on every
: request. Do you have any ideas why Tomcat would be doing this?

That the files have the same content is irrelevant -- Tomcat sees each
JSP as a separate entity.

The question is, exactly what happens between page refreshes?  Are you
redeploying your webapp (i.e., overwriting a JSP with the same content,
like when you pull the files out of source code control)?

Is something else on your machine adjusting the files' timestamps,
causing Tomcat to think the file has changed and must thus be rebuilt?

fwiw, it's my experience that restarting Tomcat has no effect on the
compiled files in the /work dir -- Tomcat will still compare the
compiled version to the original.

-QM

--
software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net