Hi,

How must CATALINA_OPTS be set, that the ctx.lookup(java:comp/env...) is
successfull ?

when I tried to get a database connection via a JNDI DataSource described in
the Tomcat documentation (ctx.lookup(java:comp/env/...)), I get
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceEnvFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceEnvFactory.java:146)

The problem is, that we have to start tomcat with
CATALINA_OPTS=
" -Djava.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
-Djava.naming.provider.url=file:/somepath/poolfile"

Holger de Wall