Hi,

The permissions are o.k as they appear to be accessible to all users
(win xp pro), and I have not altered anything in the server.xml file

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 March 2004 16:09
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE:

Hi,

>I have noticed that on starting up tomcat, the application is loading
>o.k, but then the script reads: info: missing application web.xml,
using
>defaults only

Then the application is not loading OK.  Tomcat can't find your web.xml
for some reason, and your servlet definitions won't be loaded.  Only
static content and JSPs will work (because those are handled by the
servlets in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml).

>Any suggestions to where I might be going wrong would be most
>appreciated.

Your web.xml itself looks fine.  Make sure the permissions on the
directory are OK.  Have you changed anything else in server.xml.?

Also please use a subject in your mailing list posts.  I didn't add one
now because I wanted to keep this as a thread.

Yoav Shapira