Doug,
I am finally getting something to work after doing lot of experiments. Now
the issue is
1)It does not work with http://localhost, seems to be a problem with my
DNS.
2)It works with http://172.27.2.44

This address (172.27.2.44) is defined in the first service and the <host>
tag has a context as
      <Context path="" docBase="/IBS1" debug="0">
      </Context>
Look its IBS1. This context has an index.jsp file which just fwd the
request to https://172.27.2.246/IBS/Login.jsp

This address (172.27.2.246) is defined in  the second service and the
<host> tag has a context as
      <Context path="" docBase="/IBS" debug="0">
      </Context>
Look its IBS now. This context has all the files that needs to run under
https.

3)Now when the user logs in using https://172.27.2.246/IBS/Login.jsp he
goes to https://172.27.2.246/IBS/d1.jsp

4)When the user changes the port to HTTP (in the address bar of the
browser) and doesnt change the IP address as http://172.27.2.246
/IBS/d1.jsp, then the user gets "cannot find server". This is perfect.

5)When the user changes the port to HTTP and change the IP address (in the
address bar of the browser) as http://172.27.2.44/IBS/d1.jsp,  as I am
internally checking for the session, the programme finds the session is
invalid and sends him to (HTTP Login page) http://172.27.2.44
/IBS/Login.jsp. Now the user still can access my IBS context files using
http protocol and 80 port.

Now see this IP configuration (172.27.2.44) on port 80 has got a context
reference of IBS1 and it still supports IBS context that is on port 443.

It seems to me that Tomcat 5 is still internally checking for the contexts
somewhere else other than the server.xml file. If we can disable that then
it should work fine.

Can I know from where the Tomcat is reading the default <context>? So that
I can disable them? or if there is any better solution to this please help
me out.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Uma

             "Parsons
             Technical
             Services"                                                  To
             <parsonstechnical
             @earthlink.net>           "Tomcat Users List"
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             03/30/2004 06:58                                           cc
             PM

             Please respond to
               "Tomcat Users
                   List"                                           Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: Configuring Tomcat on different
              rta.apache.org>          IP's

Uma,

This has moved beyond my experiance. Other than experimenting or diving
into
the source what I suggest now is to reply to this post and edit the subject
line to read:

Two service on one Tomcat instance.[Was Re: Configuring Tomcat on different
IP's]

In the hope that someone with more information will respond.

You may try google with a search based on tomcat and two or multiple
service.

Sorry I ran out of ideas.

Doug