On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:33:09PM -0500, Rhino wrote:
: It would surprise me if Tomcat is the culprit here since Tomcat 4.1.24 on my
: Windows XP doesn't zip its logs but I thought I'd ask anyway. If anyone else
: is using Tomcat 4.1.x on Mandrake, maybe you can suggest an alternate cause
: for this behaviour. I don't want to throw stones, I just want to stop this
: behaviour.

I'm going out on a limb here, but does Mandrake use logrotate?
Check /etc/logrotate.conf and /etc/logrotate.d for references to Tomcat
logs.

If you installed from a prebuilt package, perhaps that made an entry in
/etc/logrotate.d ; if by hand, perhaps one of your sysadmins made the
entry for you.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net