We have a Tomcat site which becomes terribly slow and then stops responding after the thread count in windows task manager reaches 107 threads. We are using Tomcat 4.1.27 on windows 2000 machine. Our load tests could never emulate this behavior that occurs under real load. When the site crashes the memory consumption of the site is less than the initial max heap size set for it.

Did any one ever face similar issues, we are baffled as to why 107 threads? Is related to the connector threads or JVM's garbage collection?

Does anyone have any idea why the site would crash at the same thread level?

Thanks,
Prasad