From: Alistair Young [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 06 April 2004 11:57 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: 5.0.19 - won't start on anything other thatn *nix

OK, I think I'm getting somewhere: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap in
/bin calls
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.setAwait(boolean) in /server/lib which
inherits setAwait from org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded
I checked the jars and setAwait is defined in both Catalina.class and
Embedded.class so why is the class loader failing to load those files
correctly?
catalina.out:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.setAwait(boolean)
         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:978)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.setAwait(Bootstrap.java:337)
         at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:396)
I've looked for another catalina.jar in the CLASSPATH but there isn't
one.
Can anyone shed some light?
thanks,
Alistair