"Jost, Dominique" wrote:

> hi
>
> my home-directory on the tomcat server looks like this
>http://localhost:8080/fundopt. under fundopt i have a folder (called jsp) containing
>all my jsp files.
> i want to acces an applet (which has its source files in the web-inf/classes/xy
>folder) with the following piece of code:
> from jsp file (in http://localhost:8080/fundopt/jsp/appletCaller.jsp)
> <applet CODE=myApplet.class codebase=../classes/xy/ width="100" height="100">. this
>however doesn't work.
>
> how can i address the applet? what codebase am i to choose?

The form of codebase you are using only works for plain HTML
pages. One easy way to solve this problem and also make image
and sound files work right is to put a <base> tag in
the <head> section of the page your JSP writes. Use that
tag to point to the server alias for the directory that
has your class files.

--
WBB - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/