rebuilding the cache, I would imagine. I'm not sure how you would reduce
it though, it's "a good thing"(tm) -- really, it's reducing the memory
usage by 2-3MB once the cache is rebuilt.

This is just an (somewhat) educated guess, though. I suppose you could
give it a higher priority so it could speed it up, and take up more
resources, for a shorter period of time, or alternately, throw some
hardware at it, and add some more memory.

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 15:17, Angelov, Rossen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are having problems with Tomcat when restarting the virtual servers or
> the contexts - the memory usage goes up with about 2-3 MB per restart.
> We have the following java options when starting Catalina:
> -Xms128m -Xmx256m -verbose:gc
>
> Does anybody know what's causing such a behavior and how it can be limited?
>
> Thanks,
> Ross
>
> "This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
> confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution."
| Nicholas Bernstein            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |
| UNIX Systems Administrator    | http://www.docmagic.com       |
| Document Systems Inc.         |                               |
| gpg: F706 8C4E 78FA DDDD 53A0 019F D983 FE28 2002 D1F3        |