Yeah, that'd be my first guess.....set development to false.

Why didn't you just try it?  It would have taken you just as long to try it
as it did for you to write an email and send it.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Allistair Crossley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 11:25 AM
Subject: My own caching implementation...

> Hi Guys
>
> I have been trying to improve the performace of our app the past week and
one of the things I did was to cache our vast navigation systems as lots of
JSPs each with the page ID as the jsp filename.

> Annnyway, this works fine but each time a page is accessed where the JSP
include for the navigation has not been used before there is a 3 second
delay or so where presumably the include is compiled because thereafter it
is fast. Cool.

> Now, a moment ago we pre-released a version to technical staff and what we
saw was that even pages that had been visited seemed after 5 clicks on them
to re-compile?

> I am just wondering if Tomcat will compile these include fragments again
for some reason? Should I be using development=false in the Jasper sevlet in
servlet.conf to stop this happening??