Hi Yoav,

I tried the debug="99" and got the same results as
before.  Are the steps I outlined the ones people
usually use to get logging?  Most posts seem to
indicate that turning on logging is a no-brainer so I
feel like I must be doing something dumb.  Is the
Global Logger all I should need for all my logging or
do I need to define a logger at each level (connector,
valve, etc.)?  I wouldn't think I would according to
the documentation, but at this point I'm not going to
take any chances.  I also noticed that I don't have
any of the commons-logging jars in my server/lib
directory but most posts seemed to say I won't need it
if I'm content with log4j.  Is this true, or do I need
both?  Any help would be greatly appreciated and save
my last remaining hairs.

Thanks,
Jason