Am Samstag, 10. April 2004 15:56 schrieb QM:
> : I know. And as John suggested, I also read a book (in german) about
> : Struts, but it only explains how to use it with Tomcat without Apache.
>
> I suppose, then, I don't understand your question.
>
> What sort of specific problems have you run into?

OK, the problem was (yes, I solved right now!) that the Struts docs explain
the connection between Tomcat and Apache for quite old versions (Tomcat
3.2.1) with mod_jk.

But I actually use Tomcat 5.0.16 with Apache 2.0.48 with mod_jk2. But
fortunately, the setup with mod_jk2 seems to be a bit easier than with
mod_jk, so all I had to do was to add some section in the workers2.properties
file in the conf directory of Apache like this:

[uri:/struts-blank/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

Now, I can call the example apps with an URL like
http://localhost/struts_blank (without supplying port 8080).

> Assuming you have all of the prerequisite JAR files -- and I think there's
> a version of struts-blank.war that includes them -- then you just drop the
> WAR file into Tomcat's webapps/ dir and it runs.

Unfortunately not! I did drop the example apps into the webapps directory of
my Tomcat installation, but when I call the struts-blank example I get the
following error:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException:
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagAttributeInfo.(Ljava/lang/String;ZLjava/lang/String;ZZ)V
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:256)

root cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagAttributeInfo.(Ljava/lang/String;ZLjava/lang/String;ZZ)V

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createAttribute(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:572)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:432)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.parseTLD(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:290)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:204)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:458)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:523)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1577)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:171)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:247)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:149)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:135)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:237)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:456)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:552)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:291)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)

Did I miss anything? Do I have to install anything else for being able to try
the example apps?

Best regards,
Ralf.