Hi,

>there are distributions of tomcat that do not come bundled with the
>examples. Normally there is another more complete download, or you can
get
>them separately...take a look in the binaries on jakarta.apache.org
under
>tomcat, I know they are there :)

What on earth are you talking about?  I spilled my coffee reading this
(though thankfully only on this keyboard, and I'm tired of this keyboard
anyways, but that's a long story).

All tomcat distributions contain all the examples, always have.
Recently they're not in the webapps directory: they're declared in
conf/Catalina/localhost/examples.xml just like admin, manager, balancer.
The docBase in example.xml will point to a directory under
$CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.